Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cupid's Suspense





Valentine's Day..how to treasure the loves of our lives..I like to make red food on Valentines Day to jump start the heart pounding..The chandelier here is one I inherited from my mother in law which I squished tissue paper flowers around the candles..( I don't ever light the real candles) the lights are on a dimmer creating a delicate glow at night.. The other photos are details of the table with handmade valentines of different papers..I sent out all my cards yesterday before the big storm here in the east coast...Like the snowflakes each one is a little different: just as each liaison is valued for its differences and the gifts each friend has donated to my life.
Flames might light the fire but it is the embers that have lit my heart.
Smokey Paprika Tomato Soup keep things simple..

Open one box of PACIFIC organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
(available at Whole Foods, Trader Joes or at some Super Markets)
add 2 cups of water
dice and add 2 cut up tomatoes
Whrr in a blender or bullet 1/2 white onion add this to the soup
a little cracked pepper
1/2 cup of gin ( this gives the soup a juniper edge) optional
1 generous teaspoon of Smoked Spanish Paprika
1/4 cup of milk
Heat until bubbling: serve

This same soup can be made without the smokey paprika
substitute 2 T. crushed dried tarragon, a pinch of sugar, and 1/4 cup of creaam or milk

Start Red and end up blushing.....now onto the card game..??? strip poker anyone??
Live, love, and laugh

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos smomma! You always make things so magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yoou are missed

    ReplyDelete