Saturday, January 23, 2010

The BIG POT of gold .. Le Creuset...14"x11"

This POT was delivered to me the first time after we moved to France in l985.
Since we were restaurant owners in the US we were entitled to purchase items from a large restaurant supply house in Nice...It was like letting a kid have full go in a toy store..We purchased everything we needed for our small kitchen: plates,glasses, pots and pans ,utensils,little things like sea food forks...a week later it all arrived with this huge pot..I was sure it was a mistake..I almost returned it...yipes...and then that evening I cooked Rissotto in it..I fell in love...The advantage of this pot.... if you only own one pot.. you can saute in it ..cook pasta..bake in the oven..make bread in it.. fry fish and meats w/o grease going all over the stove top....simmer soups...it will become your new best friend...THEY ARE NOT CHEAP but can be found over the inter-net at better prices than the leading kitchen stores..My French friends tell me they find them at vides greniers (tag sales) all the time as the trend is less cooking now..
I'm not sure I agree with this ..I see people just cooking differently as more women join the work force and the world has opened up to " all is possible".. Will post a risotto recipe soon..

1 comment:

  1. I found a Le Creuset pot at a second hand store, Goodwill...it was in fine shape..paid $5.00!

    ReplyDelete