Friday, January 22, 2010

Bird Houses and finding food

  1. Align Left
Align Center

A few years ago I was asked to design a bird house for a local charity to be auctioned off for proceeds to battered teen girls. Having a history of this in my girlhood I took this project on with a passionate zeal..Above is what I created..However, the cause I found to have holes....I suggested to the committee they found a nationwide birdhouse chain being linked with birdhouse charms that could be purchased over the internet ...instead of sending these girls back to thier unhappy surroundings they could continue to be sheltered in cities across the US ..all birdhouse businesses who hired these girls.. give them skills and a sense of public self worth...well it wasn't about that..it was about something else I couldnot put my heart on..So I try to give back in other constructive ways.. it really is the nourishment of the soul and of self worth that holds one high.. I love the smile on ones face after they have successfully sewn on a button: sounds simple but it is a nice impowerment being able to repair one's clothing, to do simple wiring,..tile a wall.....balance a checking system..cook a meal.
NO HASSLE RICE... pour Jasmine or Basmati rice into a saucepan (about 1/2-3/4cup per person) cover the rice with about an inch of water over the rice line..Bring this to boil..allow it to boil for about a minute making sure it doesn't boil over.Turn off the heat and cover with a tight lid...Make the rest of the meal...By the time you are ready to eat (15-20 minutes) your rice will be perfect..the bonus??? neat easy rice and a pan that is easy to wipe out and clean...
Sweet sweet reward.... eat in health and laughter

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying a lovely visit, chez vous. Thanks for the reminder to reach out and help others.

    Wonderful recipes! Keep 'em coming. (Sweet bird houses too!)

    ReplyDelete