Monday, January 25, 2010

Vikings and Legends



This is my Viking Stove I inherited from the previous owners. She had a small catering business and did not go to the school of
"Ratatouille"clean as you work..The real estate agent suggested we give it away ...WHAT????????? I spent a good 2 weeks taking the thing apart and cleaning it on the back lawn piece by piece..it was disgusting but worth the effort because it has been a work horse for 9 years extra now .I have had the thermostat replaced and some simple wiring updated..It looks like an overcrowded snack stand..I have everything within an octopus reach..my own cooking callipoe...Where the grill is supposed to be I put down 2 large tiles which works for me..The 4 burners are enough too..In Los Angeles I inherited a vintage OKeefe and Merritt from the previous owner Grace Wertzel..I don't think she ever used the thing..I know I made up for that over the years we lived there..Christmas,Easter,Thanksgiving,Valentine,Birthday dinners oozed out of that kitchen. A pageantry of celebration and nibbling,kids running through the halls and bottles of wine being drained over animated conversation.
I love the way I can remember events and people by the food we shared together... music is food for the heart and... food is music for the palate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment